Fully Funded Hungary Scholarships offered by Hungarian Universities invite international applicants to apply for bachelor’s degree programs in Hungarian universities under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program 2024-2025
If you’ve been dreaming of an opportunity to pursue your academic goals and explore new horizons, your chance has arrived! The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme is thrilled to announce the Call for Applications for the academic year 2024/2025.
This life-changing opportunity awaits you, and we are here to guide you through the process.
What Is Stipendium Hungaricum?
Stipendium Hungaricum is a prestigious scholarship programme offered by the Hungarian government to international students from all over the world. It opens the doors to high-quality education and a rich cultural experience in Hungary.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and even provides a monthly stipend to support your living expenses.
Benefits of the Hungarian Stipendium Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend: non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of
HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 110) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary for 12
months a year until the completion of studies
- Free accommodation: free dormitory place (depending on institutional capacity) or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship
period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in
the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation
national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF
65,000 (EUR 170) a year/person
Why Choose Stipendium Hungaricum?
Before we delve into the application details, let’s talk about what makes the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme so special.
1. World-Class Education: Hungary is renowned for its high-quality education. When you choose the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, you’re opting for a world-class education in a vibrant and diverse academic environment.
2. Fully Funded Scholarships: Yes, you read that right! Our scholarships are fully funded, covering not only tuition fees but also your living expenses, health insurance, and even a monthly stipend.
3. Diverse Study Fields: Whether you’re interested in the arts, sciences, engineering, or social sciences, there’s a program for you. We offer a wide range of study fields, ensuring that you can follow your passion.
4. Cultural Richness: Immerse yourself in Hungarian culture and experience a unique blend of tradition and innovation. You’ll gain not only a top-notch education but also a lifetime of memories.
5. International Networking: Our alumni community spans the globe, providing you with invaluable connections and networks that can last a lifetime.
Fully-funded Hungary Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- Students from Yemen are also eligible only if they are already staying in Hungary
- All students must have a good health record with no major disease. Everyone has to consult a certified doctor to perform a medical examination to send reports to the Hungary Government Scholarship Council online.
- To apply for a fully-funded Hungary scholarship program, there is no need to take IELTS if you can provide alternate proof stating that your previous degree was taught in the English language.
- List of countries eligible for Hungarian Scholarship Scheme: Pakistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Egypt, Argentine, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Brazil, Nigeria, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lao, Lebanese, Mongolia, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Algeria, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Colombia, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Namibia, Paraguay, Serbia, South Africa, Philippines, Myanmar, Turkey, Yemen, Russia, Vietnam, Israel, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Mexico.
How to apply for the Hungary Scholarship
The application process is straightforward, and we are here to walk you through it. Here’s how to get started:
1. Visit Our Website
To access the Call for Applications and gather all necessary information, visit our website at stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/.
2. Download the Application Forms
Depending on your level of study, you can find the appropriate Call for Applications here:
- For bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree programmes, and postgraduate specialist training courses, please download the application form here.
- For doctoral programmes, the application form can be found here.
3. Check for Special Conditions
If you are applying for the Students at Risk Subprogramme, make sure to read Paragraph 4 of the Call for Applications. It contains specific conditions that may apply to you.
The Application Process
The online application system is expected to open around mid-November 2023, so you have ample time to prepare. Be sure to have the following documents ready for your application:
- A completed and signed application form
- A motivation letter
- A copy of your passport
- Copies of your high school diploma, bachelor’s degree, or other relevant academic certificates
- Transcripts of your previous academic records
- A medical certificate of satisfactory health condition
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A certificate of language proficiency
- A research plan for doctoral applicant
Also, Don’t Miss Central European University Scholarships in Hungary
The fully-funded Hungary Scholarship Online Application Steps are as follows:
- International students interested in studying Bachelor or Medical programs in Hungarian universities under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Scheme need to submit an online application stating three-degree programs in which they are interested in Hungarian universities:
— Online Application for Hungary Scholarship: First of all, you have to submit a fully-funded Hungary Scholarship application online at the Hungary Government Scholarship website by filling: in your personal details, academic records, and future study interest degree program.
- While submitting your application for a Hungary scholarship, candidates will be asked to provide their three subject preferences to study in a particular Hungarian university. So, there is a complete list of all bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and medical programs with the university’s name and website available to download in Excel format from here.
- List of courses in Hungarian Universities and a list of degree courses in Hungary universities including bachelor’s, master’s, medical, and doctoral level programs to be taught in all affiliated Hungarian Universities under the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship scheme.
- There is another PDF version of Host institutions and a list of bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, and medical degree programs offered by universities in Hungary, available here PDF List of programs offered by host Hungarian Universities.
- Candidates have to find degree programs from the above list of Hungarian Universities and then fill in their details in online applications and contact the “Sending Partner” which may be your country’s education ministry or the Hungary Embassy in your home country.
- There are a total of 27 Universities and 420 degree programs being offered under the Hungaricum Scholarship program, so you can select a maximum of three options.
- You have to send the complete set of documents to the “Sending Partner” in your home country and then wait for their final nomination list for the Hungarian Scholarship scheme
- No Application Fee to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- The winner’s list of Hungarian Scholarship selection round 1 will be displayed after 9th April and shortlisted candidates will be called for a Skype interview/test
- Final winners of the Hungarian Stipendium will be issued with Admission notices for VISA processing by the end of June and then you can process your visa between July-August
- Classes in Hungarian universities will begin in September
- The deadline to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship scheme is here
Documents Required for the fully-funded Hungarian Scholarship
To complete your application, you’ll need to provide several documents, such as:
- A completed application form –Online application form – the applicants must fill out and save all requested information on the online application form in English
- Proof of citizenship
- High school or university diplomas and transcripts
- A language proficiency certificate
- A motivation letter must be written in Times New Roman font, size 12, having at least one page The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship scheme requires international students to submit online proof of their English language skills.
- Letters of recommendation
- Medical certificate
- Research plan (for doctoral applicants)
- a recent photo of the applicant (taken not earlier than 2 years before
the submission of the application)
- All international students from the participated country list mentioned above in this article are requested to initiate online applications and submit your Recent Photograph
- So, please have a look at the sample of the English Proficiency certificate that you can obtain from your last attended school for the Hungary Scholarship. IELTS or TOEFL is not compulsory for Hungary Scholarships.
- Students applying for a fully funded Hungary scholarship for a bachelor’s degree must attach their scanned copy of their high school certificate
- People interested in beginning an MS degree in Hungarian universities need to attach their undergraduate transcript and certificate
- Doctoral degree candidates are being asked to submit their Master’s degree qualification and transcript proof scanned copies in online application systems of the Hungarian scholarship website
- Medical clearance from a certified doctor in order to apply for a Hungarian Scholarship. So, please have a look at the Physical Examination Form and get tested for all epidemic conditions, Hepatitis A, B, C, AIDS, and other major diseases and attach its copy
- A research proposal or study plan may also be required for some Hungarian scholarship awards
- All students applying for scholarships in Hungarian universities need to have their passport copy available but in case it is not ready then provide it before the deadline.
- Applicants have to download the Statement of an Application form, sign it, and attach it to doc’s set
- There are some additional sets of documents required by Hungarian universities only from PhD candidates:
–Doctoral applicants have to ask their two professors from last attended school to issue recommendation letters to study in any of the Hungarian University
–Write a detailed research plan in the format: Roman font size 12, page limit not less than two
— Ph.D. Applicants are asked by the Hungarian Scholarship Council to visit this Hungarian Scholarship notice before applying
- The official notice for the Hungarian Government Scholarship and other Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships are now available.
1. Who is eligible for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to international students from all over the world who wish to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree programs, postgraduate specialist training courses, or doctoral programs in Hungary.
2. What is the application deadline for the 2024/2025 academic year?
The exact application deadline will be announced when the online application system opens around mid-November 2023. Keep an eye on our website for updates.
3. Who is eligible to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria vary by country, but generally, applicants must be citizens of countries included in the Stipendium Hungaricum Program. It’s important to check the specific requirements for your country on our website.
4. Are there any language requirements for the scholarship?
Yes, applicants are typically required to prove their language proficiency in either English or Hungarian, depending on the chosen program. Please check the specific language requirements on our website.
5. What documents are needed for the application?
Required documents generally include a completed application form, a motivation letter, a copy of your passport, a medical certificate, and a certificate of educational attainment. Specific document requirements can vary, so consult our website for detailed information.
6. Is there an age limit for applying for the scholarship?
While there is no strict age limit, most applicants are expected to be under 25 years old for bachelor’s programs and under 35 for master’s programs. However, age limits can vary, so check the requirements for your country and program on our website.